A Czech court ruling on a case involving the hacking of computers belonging to US companies states the alleged hacker can be extradited to Russia or USA.
The hacker, Yevgeniy Nikulin, was arrested by Czech police with the help of the FBI after Interpol issued the international warrant. Yevgeniy is sought after by the US because of his involvement in hacking Linkedin and Dropbox, among other companies. Russian had also been after him for a separate charge of Internet theft in 2009. Because of this, the Russians have been trying to prevent his extradition to the US and have him sent to Russia.
With the new ruling, both extradition request have been validated and currently Nikulin has only appealed his extradition to the United States. He has three days to decide if he will agree to being extradited to Russia.
This story could take a step deeper, if a statement of the accused is true.
The defense lawyers have rejected the US charges, stating the US has been looking to turn him into a political pawn; urging him to falsely testify that he cooperated in the hacking attack on the Democratic National Committee ordered by Russian authorities and in exchange, he would receive money and a life in the United States.
This is part of the US ongoing investigation and accusation of alleged Russian involvement in their presidential elections. An accusation Russia has vigorously denied that.
Here are 5 easy tips to help keep your accounts safe.
- Use different passwords for your email, online banking, etc. Re-using passwords is risky, you run the risk of someone gaining access to all your information by just using one password.
- Use a mix of numbers, symbols, upper and lower case letters in your password to make it harder for someone to guess.
- Create a unique password that’s unrelated to your personal information and uses a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Make sure you have your information up-to-date, so that you can receive emails in case you need to reset your password. If possible, add a recovery phone number to receive password reset codes via text message.
- Don’t leave notes with your passwords and the corresponding site where people can easily see them and use them to compromise your accounts. If you choose to save passwords in a file on your computer, create a name for the file that won’t give it away.
The largest financial B2B expo is set to start next week in Limassol, Cyprus.
Kicking off the expo with a welcome party on May 23, at LA ISLA BEACH BAR, the following 2 days will feature over 50 Speakers. This is the perfect opportunity to expand your network, with more than 100 companies attending the event. Anyone capable of attending will experience what looks to be one of the best possible expo of the year.
For those interested, below is a look at the Agenda.
Day 1 – May 24
- What are Digital Assets and Demo of BlockEx Platform – WORKSHOP ( BlockEx )
- Empowering Forex using Microsoft Cloud Technologies – WORKSHOP ( PLUGIT )
- Where is Retail FX Heading? – PANEL
- MetaTrader 5 taking the market – what’s next – WORKSHOP ( METAQUOTES )
- Regulation, Regulation, Reputation – PANEL
- FOREX BROKER? LET’S TALK AUTOMATION! – WORKSHOP ( OSYS )
- The key to all Brokers success – Serious Tools for Serious Traders – WORKSHOP ( CLAWS&HORNS )
- Online Payments: How to increase your revenues and enhance customer experience – WORKSHOP ( FIBONATIX )
- Optimizing customers` retention and profit growth through right payment technology – WORKSHOP ( DECTA )
- AI & Automation in the Trading Eco-System – Are We There Yet? – PANEL
- Mastering in local payment solutions – WORKSHOP ( ZOTAPAY )
- Topic in Focus: Liquidity – ROUNDTABLE
- Digital Contract – The new breakthrough regulative solution – WORKSHOP ( SPOTOPTION )
- How the internet and affiliation systems revolutionised the diamond industry – WORKSHOP ( HELLO GROUP )
- Looking at FX Trends on Google and Beyond – KEYNOTE
- Processes automation in multi-asset platform – WORKSHOP ( PROTRADER )
- Payments processing and its discontents – ROUNDTABLE
Day 2 – May 25
- How to approach the 4AMLD, before it’s too late – WORKSHOP ( ISIGNTHIS )
- The Marketing Funnel Revisited: Content, Deposits, Retention – PANEL
- Intelligence: Your Compass for Navigating in Turbulent Industry Waters – WORKSHOP ( FINANCE MAGNATES )
- Setting Up in Cyprus: Everything You Need To Know – PANEL
- CRM as a Growth Strategy – WORKSHOP ( OPTIMOVE )
- Big Data Era in FinTech – WORKSHOP ( IMPACTECH )
- Clear History – How To Manage Your Online Footprint – WORKSHOP ( David Malits )
- Avoiding the Panic: How to work legally from international centers abroad – WORKSHOP ( TAL RON & CAPPITECH )
- The Fintech story – How mobile is transforming the finance industry – KEYNOTE
- Liquidity aggregation and management – beyond tight spreads – WORKSHOP ( DIVISA CAPITAL )
- Are you ready for 2018? It’s time for the Evolution of Trading Products – Keynote ( SPOTOPTION )
- Affilaite marketing for Bokers. Basics, trends and tips – WORKSHOP ( CELLXPERT )
- Industry at crossroads: Keynote speech by CySEC Head , Demetra Kalogerou – KEYNOTE
Recent cyber attacks have affected Bitcoin performance, causing a drop in trade value.
One of the suspected culprits is a a randsomware name WannaCry. This computer worm has spread worldwide, with about 150 countries, and Europol estimating around 200,000 computers being infected since its release in May 12, 2017.
Once infected, the computer files are encrypted and a prompt demanding payment fo $300 in bitcoin within 3 days or double on the 4th day. It is believed that as of 16 May 2017 at 12:00 UTC, a total of 238 payments and $65,970.35 in bitcoin had been transferred with no one recovering their information
The second cause for the drop in Bitcoin is attributed to expectations that withdrawal restrictions in Bitfinex exchange will soon be lifted. Analyst speculate this has caused Chinese trading volume to drastically increase its share, from 8.2 percent on May 1 to 22.8 percent Monday.
It is important to note that even with the resent decline, this volatile currency had doubled in value since March.